Friday, September 17, 2010

It was great seeing and meeting all of you (who were able to make it) last night! I just wanted to share with you a "found" poem that I created using lines from the poems your children wrote in the first weeks of school. So... here is our class "I come from..." poem:

I come from the cold sunny days of santa cruz
I come from a house by the sea
A little yellow house on a cliff by the sea
I come from my bed
The smell of bacon the yummy sausage and eggs
Pancakes and french toast for breakfast
The good food my parents make

I come from the love and music of my dad’s guitar
the ringing of music in my ears
I come from the bright light that shines in the day
the joy of watching flowers grow
I come from laughter and happiness
I come from the nature that gives me power

I remember the ocean
the sound of the waves on the beach that I’m running past,
making footprints in the sand
I like being at the ocean
watching the water shimmer in the moonlight
Everything is silent except for the soft whisper
I come from a world of dreams where life is made

I come from the clouds
from the dark sky... from the howl... from the moon

I come from the peace
I come from fun


I come from my loving family who has made so many sacrifices for me
I am from my family’s heart
the love of my family strengthens me
it powers me

I love our community, our animals and our people
I am the leaf of a flower
the beat of a drum
I am proud of myself
I am the mountains
I am the sun
I am the world
you and i are a lot alike
it doesn’t matter where you are
your memories are where you come from
Happy so happy the life of mine

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful poem! it is amazing to me that those thoughts came from our wonderful 10 and 11 year olds!

    ReplyDelete